this blog isn't for you. it's for me.


May 1, 2010

(Round 2) Day 13: 100 Pullups, 100 Pushups

Invented my own p90x workout today.

My goal was to do 100 pullups and 100 pushups within a reasonable amount of time, such that another p90x workout could be done in the same amount of time.

Broke it up into 8 groups of 25, alternating pullups on the bar and pushups on the yoga mat. There was to be zero assistance from a chair (pullups) or my knees (pushups). Here are the results:

12 reverse grip chinups
8 wide grip pullups
5 close grip pullups

25 standard pushups

10 parallel pullups*
5 wide grip pullups
10 reverse grip chinups

15 military pushups
10 diamond pushups

7 reverse grip chinup
12 parallel pullups
6 wide grip pullups

18 wide fly pushups
7 dive bomber pushups

8 wide grip pullups
7 close grip pullups
10 reverse grip chinups

10 floor fly pushups
15 standard pushups

*My pullup bar has two bars, shoulder width apart, perpendicular to the main bar.

I just alternated different moves. The more I could get done in the first set, the closer I'd be to 25 and less my other/final set(s) would entail.

I figure this is my own version of Chest and Back, and considering this coming Monday is the beginning over recovery week, there are no chest or back workouts for another 9 days.

There are no guarantees that this routine will do anything for me. However, it hurt like hell, so give it a shot at your leisure.

1 comment:

  1. Seems like a pretty beastly arsenal of moves... what was your total time? And how did you feel afterwords? pretty poop'd?

    ReplyDelete