this blog isn't for you. it's for me.


July 12, 2010

(Round 2.1) Day 1: Chest and Back, Ab Ripper X

He's baaaaaaaaaaaaaaack. Where to begin?

I've been bad. Terrible. Awful. I haven't been working out. At all. Hence the absence of my blog posts. In fact, I don't know if anyone's still out there reading this thing.

Echo [echo echo echo].

Actually, my view count had run up to over 8400. I don't think I ever saw it hit 8000. That's how bad I've been.

So what happened? I took a day off. Then that turned into two. Then I felt bad about missing days on the blog and figured I'd let it slide a whole week and pick it up again. So I needed a Monday to start anew. Missed one. Then another. Then another. An awful downward spiral that resulted in poor eating habits, zero workouts, zero runs, and one other word: Atrophy.

Here's the first definition I came across of atrophy, just for you: "Atrophy is the partial or complete wasting away of a part of the body." Okay, it hasn't been that dramatic. Atrophy, from what I know, is the waste or loss of muscle tissue from not exercising.

So where do I stand now in regard to my fitness? Well, from Round 1 of p90x, and into Round 2, I lost weight and put on muscle. That muscle has been deteriorating, and some turned into some fat. But I haven't gained much weight from that process. So I'm just skinnier than where I started, but not much more muscular.

So, I found a Monday to start anew. Soooo, here it goes. A third shot at p90x. I got through round 1 in 90 days. I got through about 60 days of round 2. Now, it's time for round 2.1. Redesigned the blog, obviously. Needed a new look. That black was ominous, threatening even. I didn't want to go near it once I stopped. So here's to a new beginning.

So it's day 1 again. Chest and back. Pushups and pullups. Didn't keep track, but I don't need numbers to tell you that it hurt. Got about 10 wide grip pullups to start, felt good. Then 12 standard pushups. Then pullups. Then pushups. And so on.

Worked off the book. Once I got through everything, panting, I was pumped to blog again. Then I realized, CRAP. Ab ripper x. So I got on my back and burned through 16 more minutes of Tony. Via the book, no yelling.

So, I'm back in the game. As I set up the blog, and looked 90 days in ahead, I realized these 90 days will be complete October 10th. 10/10/10. That seems really far away. That's autumn. That's after my 23rd birthday. That's almost 5 weeks into the NFL season! Damn. But really, here's a round 2.1. Here's to eating right. And here's to putting on some serious muscle.

Comment away and yell at me for the next 90 days. Cheers.

3 comments:

  1. Hey there! Welcome back, glad you're still around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's never a bad time to get back on the wagon! You still have readers! And now that you're "FRESH" I know you're good for at least another 90-days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see you're getting back on track. I also had to restart round 2 a few times. Summer is really busy, but I'm on week 2 of phase one now! Good luck. Btw, I like the new look.

    ReplyDelete