this blog isn't for you. it's for me.


January 27, 2010

Day 10: Shoulders and Arms, Ab Ripper X

Double digit days. If I ever get to triple digits it means I'm doing this program (for better or for worse) a second time.

I'm pretty sore today. Legs hurt from Plyo and I think my body finally hurts from my nighttime workout from Monday.

Today was shoulders and arms. I didn't mind it during week 1, and it definitely wasn't too bad today. This is probably the one workout (thus far) that I wish I had a few dumbbells rather than using resistance bands. Many of these moves are similar to ones I've done at the gym (bicep, tricep and shoulders), but they just feel different on the bands.

Between last time and today I went out and bought a second resistance band, this one tighter than the first. Certainly useful for bicep and tricep sets. Many of the shoulder moves go over the head so that first band I bought was perfect for those.

Overall pretty good today. Kept up and even fast forwarded through Tony's breaks.

Finished with abs. There's nothing else to say. It's just not fun. I'm trying to perform the moves on a more difficult scale:

Leg Climbers: Laying on our back, one leg out on the floor, the other up in the air. As you lift your back/head off the floor, use your arms to climb the lifted leg. The way to make this harder is to bend the other leg that's on the floor. Straighter it is, the easier it is. Closer your knees is bent to your body, harder it is. Today was the first time I tried it with a bent knee. Not bad.

Tomorrow's Yoga, which I dread simply because of the length. 90+ minutes of me wobbling around doesn't seem beneficial. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment