this blog isn't for you. it's for me.


January 26, 2010

Day 9: Plyometrics

Not 9 hours after finishing Chest and Back last night, I'm squatting and reaching with my friend Tony.

Plyo day. The same day my heart rate monitor's supposed to arrive. Damn.

Just as I felt with my second repetition of yesterday's workout, today's wasn't as brutal as the first go-round. I think that's the theme of the week: Not as awful when you know what's coming.

Some moves are still brutal. Mary Catherine Gallagher's are terrible. You lunge, one knee bent forward, the other leg straight and kicked back far behind you. Arms up. Now jump and switch positions. Superstaaarrr. Terrible.

My least favorite, which I tried to keep up for the full minute, were Hot Foots. Yes, foots. Stand on one leg and jump around making a cross shape. Each foot for 30 seconds. After switching feet:

Tony: If you get tired...
Dude with prosthetic leg: Or if you have one leg...
Tony: Then just do some jump ropes on both feet.

Pretty intense for a 7am workout.

Day 9 of 90. That's 10%, ey?

3 comments:

  1. Why-o, why-o, why-o, did I ever do plyo!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed Plyo much more today....5 hours later I dont feel any fatigue really in my legs...maybe a LITTLE, but nothing compaired to last week thank god.

    ReplyDelete
  3. interesting to see what tomorrow will bring, pain wise. i'm much less sore today than i was last week from chest and back.

    ReplyDelete