this blog isn't for you. it's for me.


January 23, 2010

Day 6: Kenpo X

Kenpo lived up to its hype. It was a lot of punches, kicks, blocks and elbows. And combinations of each.

Starts with punches. Jabs, then jab/cross, then jab/cross/hook, then jab/cross/hook/uppercut. 25 reps of each, and you do two sets, alternating which foot is forward. Then you do similar moves with kicks, blocking, and finish up with elbows.

Pretty fast speed, and my one complaint is that there were probably too many breaks. Yes Tony keeps his heart rate up by running in place, jumping jacks and the likes, but I'd rather half the breaks. Next time, definitely fast forwarding through some of those.

Tony also likes to speed up the last 10 of some of the moves. On top of that, he grunts. Not for me.

Overall, I'll definitely look forward to this one. Tomorrow's some stretching, then Monday we go back to chest and back and start the sequence over again.

1 comment:

  1. Definately lived up to the hype...I'm def. gonna try to get a run in tomorow in combo with stretching. GO JETS

    ReplyDelete