this blog isn't for you. it's for me.


January 21, 2010

Day 4: Yoga

"Now take your left leg… throw it over the back of your neck like a scarf… and breathe."

"I can't breathe"

Now I know what Brian Regan was talking about.

That was just 92 minutes of Yoga. I've never done Yoga. Amazing what these people can do.

It was a pretty intense hour and a half. First 50 minutes was devoted to the standing type poses. Arms, legs, balance. Included:

Warrior one, warrior two, warrior three, reverse warrior, downward facing dog, upward facing dog, crescent moon, half moon, full moon, blue moon, hoegaarden...

I guess my balance is a bit shaky. These guys, led by Tony, make things look so easy. I need two arms and two legs for everything they're doing with a pinky. Hopefully I get better at this. Could be an ugly 13 weeks of Yoga.

The last 40 minutes were positions based on sitting/kneeling. I found these just as challenging, but I felt more daring in pushing myself. Why? Further down for when I fall.

Frog, boat, half boat, bridge, wheel, table, and so on. Even some ab workouts. My favorite: Crane. No, I can't do it. But trying it must have been hilarious. Crane's the one that again, the 84 pound girl made look so easy. Squatting, hand in front of you, annnddd lift your legs about 6-10 inches off the ground. For 60 seconds. I might have gotten off the ground for a solid second. My goal for the last time I do Yoga: get off the ground for 5-10 seconds during Crane.

A relaxing-Tony is pretty funny. Much calmer tone. Much calmer music. At one point he told a guy to reach further. Further! "I'm yelling too much for Yoga."

Looking forward to the 7 day absence of this one.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment