this blog isn't for you. it's for me.


January 28, 2010

Day 11: Yoga

"If you have to, use a yoga block... or your dog... or your cat"

No, I can't reach the floor. And yes, I'm perfectly happy with that.

Yoga blocks are for those of us who can't bend over on certain, aka all, moves. So we need some assistance to make contact with the floor. So they tell you to spend 15 bucks on a "block" that brings the floor six more inches closer to your body. Substitute it with a tissue box. Substitute it with with a pillow before you collapse and go to sleep.

Yoga does not enthuse me. Tony and his gang are unbelievably flexible. I'm not.

Today was round two of trying out the Crane. No dice. maybe a second and a half. I was more aggressive with my attempts, which means I literally fell on my head a couple times. I also rolled over backwards a couple times during some of the "leg up" moves.

Yoga is not relaxing. And it's also a bit disappointing considering all the other p90x workouts are so high energy, this just feels slow. It's 92 minutes that I watch tick down 1 by 1.

Tomorrow's leg and back which I enjoyed the first time around, then Kenpo Saturday. Maybe Yoga's supposed to fire you up for what's to come, because I certainly don't get into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment