this blog isn't for you. it's for me.


January 25, 2010

Day 8: Chest and Back, Ab Ripper X

Round 2 begins.

Today, like Day 1, was Chest and Back followed by Ab Ripper X.

Compared to the first time I did this, today was much easier. I think last time I feared that it would never end. Today I knew what was coming. That meant I knew which moves would be awful, as well as which I could burn through.

I wrote down my reps today. We went through each move twice (water breaks in between) so the first number is for set 1, the second is for set 2:

Standard Pushups: 16 / 12
Wide Grip Pullups: 6 / 6
Military Pushups: 12 / 10
Reverse Chinups: 10 / 8

Wide Fly Pushups : 12 / 8
Close Grip Overhand Pullups: 10 / 14*
Decline Pushups: 10 / 7
Heavy Pants: 14 / 12

Diamond Pushups: 8 / 6
Lawn Mower: 12 / 14
Dive Bomber Pushups: 8 / 6
Back Fly: 10 / 12

*Resistance bands instead of pullup bar

Nice that I can look back at this post, rather than save a sheet of paper, to see if I'm progressing.

My friend tried today's workout with me. Seems to be similar to things he's been told to do at the gym. Definitely nice to have someone pushing you on, but doesn't mean anything's any easier.

Finished the workout with abs. Still feel it just as much as Day 1. I do feel myself working harder to push through it, but I know I've got a layer of fat to burn off before I ever see a hint of muscle.

Working out at night sucked. It loomed over my entire workday, and ruined my evening eating schedule.

9 hours until I'm awake and doing Plyo. Guess that's more motivation to get up and do this early, rather than waiting until the end of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment