this blog isn't for you. it's for me.


April 18, 2010

Day 90: Stretch X, Rest

Day 90. Finito.

That was really a fast 90 days. Time for my summary based off of self-imposed questions:

Was p90x all that it's hyped up to be?

If you stick to it, you're going to see results. For the first 50-60 days I was really into the diet. I didn't follow their plan bite for bite. I did my own nutrition plan, and during the prime of my 90 day experience, I was eating 5-6 meals a day, getting a ton of protein and very few grams of fat. Over time it got tough to keep up day in and day out. But I'd say p90x was definitely worth it.

Did you see good results?

I saw what I expected. I put on muscle, but didn't bulk up. The best thing was that I cut a good amount of fat. I didn't take body fat percentages before and after, but I'm down to below 11%. I overall just feel better. Eating right by cutting out unnecessary fatty foods, and sticking to a daily workout program, realized improved everything about me.

What's next?

Time for round two. Going through this whole process again. I saw decent enough results that I think a second time through could do some great things for me. I'm starting off with a lot less fat so hopefully my body quickly adds muscle while still trimming fat around my waistline.

Also, I didn't look at this program as a chore. It became part of my life, a real routine, which is why I'm even looking forward to doing p90x again. I thought about joining a gym but there's no way I'd go more than 3-4 times a week. This is every day for 90 days. Now, that's not to say that I'm going to be on p90x forever. Or even past round two. It's going to be about maintaining, eventually. But I'm still in an uphill battle with my body so I'm not looking to stay put, I'm looking to get more fit.

Anything different planned for round two?

I'm looking to workout every day, but I'm not sure if I'll stick to p90x's exact schedule. I might do Cardio X in lieu of plyo, or just run instead of yoga. Things like that. So if you're doing p90x along side of me, and you see that your Day 27 is different from my Day 27, it's because I'm adding my own touch to it.

Now, time for the final photos. Yes I have ridiculous tan lines on my arms (from golf):





Round two starts tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations man! You made it!

    *Definitely huge difference in your arms/back* Great job! Good luck during round 2! It's nice to see people actually make it 100% through the program. You're an inspiration to us all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! Way to go! Good luck on your Round 2 :)

    ReplyDelete