this blog isn't for you. it's for me.


April 22, 2010

(Round 2) Day 4: Yoga, Run

Started off with a run, just under 2.5 miles.

Runs are starting to feel better but I'm still not much of a runner. At all. Hoping to hit 3 miles within the week.

Came back for yoga. Tried something other than p90x's grueling Yoga X. Found a Free OnDemand Yoga video called 'Yoga for Athletes 1' with Ted MacDonald. 28 minutes long and a nice change from what I'd been doing.

The moves weren't that different, but the shorter session was just a lot better. Things I was used to showed up a lot: Crescent Pose, Warrior II, Warrior III, Half Moon, Standing Tree, Child's Pose, Bridge and Wheel.

Favorite part were Yoga Bicycles.

Yoga Bicycles: Lay on your back and pull your knees to your chest. Release your knees and place your elbows out behind your head. As you extend your right leg, bring your right elbow to your left knee. Then switch, bringing in your right leg, extend your left leg and bring your left elbow to your right knee. And switch. And switch. For a while. It's a calm core exercise not unlike some of the moves in ab ripper x.

And yes, they throw in Crane. Or as they like to call it, Crow. I think I'm getting better at it. But then Ted floats into some crazy pose after that, balancing on his hands with his feet out behind him.

Tony, I think Ted might beat you in regard to Yoga.

1 comment:

  1. Having been a runner for a while it's hard for me to directly relate with your running experience... but I have helped a bunch of people who couldn't run down the street for the life of them start running 5k's. I've found the biggest and best thing you can do to improve your running is almost exactly what you are doing... GET OUT THERE AND RUN. If you run and fail, its okay. Just remember to get back out tomorrow and try again. 4-5 days a week and you'll look back and wonder why running was ever a problem.

    ReplyDelete