this blog isn't for you. it's for me.


March 3, 2010

Day 45: Back and Biceps, Ab Ripper X

The good news is... I've gotten so strong that I snapped my resistance band.
The bad new is... I've gotten so strong that I snapped my resistance band.

Crap.

First move using the bands, Lawnmowers. Reached down, went to pull up with my left hand, and the band, right near the handle, made a clean break.

So I'm down to one band that's not as elastic. Need to figure something out for the next time I do triceps because this one's not going to reach over my head. I made do for today, but it was a bit tough considering the weight is off from what I've been accustomed to.

As for pullups:

10 Wide grip pullups
10* Switch grip pullups
8** Corn cob pullups
12 Towel pullups
16 Chinups
16 Chinups (max pullups)

* Chair used simply to switch grips, but not to help myself up
** Used the back of a chair to help with these

Pretty similar to last week. Towel pullups felt better today, maybe I was just re-energized today for some reason.

Finished up with abs. Today was the first time I completed 25 reps on both sides of oblique v-ups. Getting those knees up starts to kill towards the end. So yes, 16 attempts later and I've finally mastered that move.

Which brings me to this: It's Day 45. I'm halfway there. That's a pretty damn good feeling. After next week's Recover Week, there are 4 straight workout weeks where Weeks 9 and 11 are the same, and Weeks 10 and 12 are the same. So switching up the routine a lot, should be the toughest 4 weeks of this program. Those are book-ended by recovery weeks. Pretty excited to hit the second half.

Yoga tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment