this blog isn't for you. it's for me.


March 27, 2010

Day 68: Kenpo X, Run

Yes, there's a new headline to my workout: Run

I decided that what's deterring me the most from enjoying my p90x results is my abdomen. I really wish I didn't have love handles. The problem? I can't wish them away. I've done my research and I've said this before: You can't target fat loss. If I did a thousand side crunches and torso twists, I would burn calories, just not necessarily on the sides.

What I've also learned is that love handles are generally the last things guys will get rid of. Meaning I could be stuck with these for a long time. It took me 22 years to build them, I'm pretty sure I'm not going to be able to desert them in a couple months.

That being said, I'm going to start running. Probably the best way to burn calories, it's outside, it's free and I can track my progress via distance. So on this chilly 37 degree day, I began. From my estimation, it was between 1.5 and 1.75 miles. A bit too cold out to do any more, but for a first day of running in who knows how long, not bad.

Before the run was Kenpo. Nothing special, just a lot of wishing I was punching Tony in the face.

Rest tomorrow. Maybe stretching.

No comments:

Post a Comment