this blog isn't for you. it's for me.


March 28, 2010

Day 69: Stretch X, Rest, Run

Why did I choose to start running right when the weather turned crappy again? I thought winter was over.

From yesterday: "So on this chilly 37 degree day, I began."

Today's running weather: 44 degrees ... feels like 37. Net gain? 0.

In fact, today felt even colder. That 'feels like 37' is from the wind of course. And running by the water makes it even windier. My choice of long-sleeves today did nothing to soften the blow.

Another 1.75 mile run. I know it's rather unimpressive, especially considering I should be in pretty good shape from nearly 70 days of Tony's boot camp. But let me restate this: I'm not a runner. I've never been a runner. It's probably been 5 years since I decided to take a leisurely run. So it'll take some time, and some nicer weather, to get that mileage up.

I used my heart rate monitor yesterday and today. I stayed between 175 and 200 beats per minute during my excursions. Not sure if that's good or bad. But it was certainly nice being able to keep track.

My goal over the next 20 days is to have my Run label rocket up to the top 3 of my list. Here's how I see it:

Ab ripper x (24) is going to hit 30, unquestioned.
Cardio (18) will go up with the running, so I'm not going to jump that.
Reps (14) is currently third on the list. I think that will hit 18 or so at the end.

So that means to reach 3rd on the list I need to run on more than 16 of the final 21 days of p90x.

Yes, 3 more weeks to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment