this blog isn't for you. it's for me.


March 26, 2010

Day 67: Legs and Back, Ab Ripper X

Ah legs and back. Another staple to every muscle building week. Maybe my favorite back routine. It's all on the pullup bar, and most of the moves I can put up good numbers (by my standards, that is).

16 Reverse grip chin ups
15 Wide grip pullups (9 unassisted, 6 assisted)
12 Close grip overhead pullups
12 Switch grip pullups
17 Reverse grip chin ups
12 Wide grip pullups (7 unassisted, 5 assisted)
13 Close grip overhead pullups
8 Switch grip pullups

While some were assisted, if you add that up it comes out to 105. That's a lot of pullups. Especially considering Day 1 I struggled to do just about any beyond the first couple of each set.

Legs were fine. Wall sits don't feel at lethal as they used to. Calf raises are still getting my derriere in shape. And Tony is still his usual self during Groucho Walks.

Finished up with abs. Remember my percentages rant? Well I've completed ab ripper x 24 of the 30 total times I'll do it over these 90 days. So 80%. Meaning I should have 4.8 of my 6 pack. Not quite. When I do p90x the second time through I'm going to set some goals and after my 90th (well, 180th) day, see if I've achieved them. Topping that list is going to be a 6-pack.

Kenpo tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Man, been following your blog here for a couple weeks. I hope to be starting P90x as well in the next few months, but I am in horrible shape atm and would not be able to get through the workouts at all! I am going to do 90 days of Power 90 first starting tomorrow.

    Thanks for the comment on my blog last week!

    Will be following along on your journey.

    Shane

    ReplyDelete