this blog isn't for you. it's for me.


February 4, 2010

Day 18: Yoga

I figured out my problem with Yoga:

You're supposed to clear your mind for the whole session. Think about nothing except, umm, how balanced you are. I picture people doing this in a padded room with no windows, no people, and maybe even no Tony.

Well I don't have that. I've been doing Yoga at night, after I come home. I have the entire day on my mind, as well as getting through these stunts, and what I'm doing after it. Morning was no better when I tried that. Too much strenuous stretching for 7am, and the calming ones put me to sleep.

Put it all together and it's just not the most productive routine for me. Maybe next week, when we do it twice within 6 days, I'll try to clear my mind more. But not tonight.

I might be a bit more flexible than I was day one, but I certainly wouldn't call myself flexible. At all. Some stretches feel like I'm reaching further. I can just about grab some toes when sitting with a leg extended. Then I look up and see the 4 of them reaching past their toes, to the end of a yoga block pressed to the sole of their foot. And that just makes me feel great.

I found the position today that is the encouragement any guy needs to go to a yoga class full of girls. It's called Frog. I don't make it down very far. The ladies in the video do. Just look it up.

Per Crane: Nope. Still can't find a balancing point. It kills my wrist and I truly feel as if I'm just going to collapse on my head. As I did last week. This is why performing Crane is my goal for week 12, not week 3.

As for everything else, I invested in two things: A bathroom scale and a body fat monitor. I'm about 15 pounds lighter now than when I was at my peak while working out at school. I'd like to hope that a lot of that is fat but I know most of it is lost muscle.

I'm going to give myself a couple days of weighing and gauging body fat before I post the numbers.

No comments:

Post a Comment