this blog isn't for you. it's for me.


February 11, 2010

Day 25: Stretch X

I said I'd take stretching seriously today, and I did.

While I procrastinated all day to do it, once I got the mat out it was really enjoyable. This is only the second time I've done the DVD, as the other stretch/rest days I've done some stretching on my own.

Tony's bearable in this one. He doesn't expect 25 reps of wide grip pullups. He understands you're not flexible, and respects grabbing your ankles while the rest of his crew grabs 6 yards beyond their toes.

Arms circles kill. Yes, arm circles. Stand with your feet shoulder width apart, arms out parallel to the ground, and make small circles. Then reverse. The make them bigger, but cup your hands down like a pterodactyl. Ow.

Then there are so many great leg stretches built into this routine. By contorting your body in manageable ways, reaching through space your legs create, and pulling, you can really stretch anything from your quad to your glutes to your calves.

There are more difficult moves, like shoulder stands to plough. Or the lovely yoga move 'bow'. There's always something to work towards with the moves I struggle with, so hopefully I'm getting better. And perhaps more flexible.

Overall I think today was pretty productive for simply stretching.

Tomorrow's core again. At least I know what to expect this time.

2 comments:

  1. Don't you just love seeing all of those flexible people using yoga blocks and stretching extremely far?

    It's almost scary how flexible they are....I wonder how flexible they were before p90x.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brett,

    If you are serious about working out you should seriously consider becoming a Beachbody Coach. I took advantage of the coaching opportunity 8 months ago and have thouroughly enjoyed it.

    Check out the link below or email me any quetions.

    Good luck with your workouts!

    http://www.beachbodycoach.com/esuite/home/mccabe21/coach.html

    Nathan McCabe
    Independent Beachbody Coach
    RippedBody.org
    Nathan@RippedBody.org

    ReplyDelete