this blog isn't for you. it's for me.


February 5, 2010

Day 19: Legs and Back, Ab Ripper X

Overslept a bit. I worked out, but jumping directly into it to make sure I completed every move led to a much tougher morning.

Legs weren't bad, lunges are lunges. One-legged wall sits weren't easy today, but overall the legs and calves weren't the issue.

The back was. Pullups were tough. I have a theory outside of my rushed workout as to why this was the case: Today was the last day of muscle building during Phase I. Next week is cardio, yoga, etc. No muscles, and as I said, even no abs. So my guess is that I'm just burnt out. The week off is to let your muscles rest and fully recover. Then we destroy them again from weeks 5 through 7. So I'll attribute my lower numbers today to a combination of both those things:

12 Reverse grip chin ups
10 Wide grip pullups
10 Close grip overhead pullups
10 Switch grip pullups (assisted)
10 Reverse grip chin ups
10 Wide grip pullups (assisted)
8 Close grip overhead pullups (assisted)
16 Switch grip pullups*

*Resistance band instead of pullup bars

I've used the term since Day 1 but never explained what 'assisted' means. It means I use a chair to help my balance as I pull myself up. It's about 2 feet in front of the pullup bar, and it makes it a bit easier because you're not using just your back (or chest depending on the day) to pull yourself up.

Finished with abs. Also the last day for 9 days. The usual, which is a good thing. When I would do 8 minute abs I got used to the workouts. You don't get used to most of these moves. Also doing it every other day, rather than every day, makes it tough each time.

11 more days til I view side-by-sides of Day 1 versus Day 30. Should be good.

Kenpo tomorrow then 'recovery' week begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment