this blog isn't for you. it's for me.


February 24, 2010

Day 38: Back and Biceps, Ab Ripper X

Second time through this routine. Didn't make pullups any easier.

10 Wide grip pullups
12* Switch grip pullups
8** Corn cob pullups
12 Towel pullups
15 Chinups
17 Chinups (max pullups)

* Chair used simply to switch grips, but not to help myself up
** Used the back of a chair to help with these

Corn cob pullups are so tough. I hope later on in my 90 days I can get 6-8 of these without the assistance of a chair.

Compared to Day 31 my numbers are up, but I'll attribute that to being weak after my recovery week.

Numbers were up in chinups and max pullups which is good. Everything else was pretty standard.

As for biceps, today felt strong. Never seen the veins in my forearms bulge as much as they did today during some moves. I'd be interested to know what weight I'd be comfortable with at the gym on some of these moves. Bands obviously don't tell you the resistance in pounds.

Finished up with abs. Pretty good today, got through all of the mason twists, almost all of the bicycles, and getting a lot stronger with the oblique v-ups.

Yoga scheduled for tomorrow. Maybe I'll give it another go.

No comments:

Post a Comment