this blog isn't for you. it's for me.


February 20, 2010

Day 34: Kenpo X

Outside of those five moves during Cardio X, I haven't done Kenpo in 10 days. So today really felt good.

I decided I hate the music in most of the videos. This program's 'Normal' videos have Tony talking, with slight beeps to indicate a new move, and their version of workout music playing in the background. They creators are nice though as they also give you the option to watch the videos without the music (and Tony if you really want silence).

The worst music is actually in ab ripper x. I don't know why, but there's one move, I think during hip rock and raise, where both Tony and the music increase in intensity at the same time. My guess is that it's supposed to motivate you. However, its incredibly discouraging for some reason. So while abs weren't today, moving forward I'll make sure to supply my own tunage.

So yes, I did kenpo sans the music. For one, it's a bit more calming. However, the greatest benefit to me is that there's no music aligned with the moves. Yes, they set music to the rhythm of the punches and kicks that Tony and the gang throw. It's much easier to add reps when you don't find yourself inclined to punch with the drum.

As you can tell there's not much to talk about today. I've done this routine 5 times now so I'm comfortable with all the moves. My kicks are getting noticeably prettier, and I definitely picked up the intensity and did a handful more punches than what's performed in the video.

Abs hurt like hell today. I guess seeing that yesterday was the 3rd time doing abs this week, after a week of rest, they're not too happy about their return to boot camp.

Perhaps some yoga tomorrow. Or I'll just enjoy my day off. We'll see.

1 comment:

  1. I haven't tried it without Tony talking-- he talks too much for my taste---I'll try it tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete