this blog isn't for you. it's for me.


February 7, 2010

Day 21: Stretch X, Rest

A final day of rest before recovery week begins.

Stretch X is required during this week, so I'll skip it today and look forward to it in the coming week. I'll do some stretching today, but overall it's an off day. Which means there's not a lot to report. So unless you care about granola bars, stop reading now.

Yes, granola bars. Protein bars. Any of those types of bars, I have been trying them all. I'm looking for one that meets all my wants/needs that I can stick with, and perhaps buy in bulk for the next 70 days. Here's what I've come across:

Protein bars suck. They're dense, generally high in carbs, and while they're about 25g+ of protein, they taste like a mix of sand, chalk and chocolate.

Kashi bars are good, supposedly good for you, but not high enough in protein. It's almost a waste when looking to pack protein into your diet.

Cliff bars are too sweet. They're okay for you, also a bit heavy on carbs. While they've got some protein, they taste like they have 3x more sugar too. Tasty, but not worth it.

Nature Valley bars are pretty damn good. They're very flavorful while not being loaded with sugar, have a decent amount of protein, and are pretty filling for a snack. These have been one of my go-to.

Finally, Balance Gold bars. For protein these have been my favorite. They're about two-thirds the size of the dense protein bars, don't taste like a sandbox, and have a ton of vitamins, most at between 25%-50% of your daily value.

Now, why did I just go through this? Cause I have nothing else to say, that's why.

Oh, so after a few days of measuring at different points of the day, right now I'm at about 11% body fat. I really wish I got that device before Day 1 to see what my body fat was then. Considering this is the fat burning phase I'd like to hope I've burned some off already. Can only hope it goes down from here on. My goal is 8% or lower by Day 90.

1 comment:

  1. 8% or lower hmmmm....that would be pretty crazy although I think after 90 days if you follow this to a T you will be around 6-7% easy.

    ReplyDelete