this blog isn't for you. it's for me.


February 15, 2010

Day 29: Chest, Shoulders and Triceps, Ab Ripper X

Child's play.

Phase I, that is.

What a start to Phase II. I guess those first four weeks were to weed out the weak. Now it's gametime. Wow.

First move after 9 days of no muscle training:

3-in-1 Pushups: Wide armed pushups, 4 seconds to go down, 4 seconds to get up. Then standard pushups, also with this slow count. Then military pushups, yes, slowly down and slowly up. Then at the end, fast pushups until failure. Welcome back pecs.

Chair Dips: This is when I realized that tomorrow's going to be painful. Only pulled off 16 of these before failure, then finished up with five more. At the end of week 3 I was burning through 20 to 25 of these with ease. Welcome back triceps.

Pike Press: Wide pushup stance but with a big arch in the back. Press your chin towards your chest, and dip the crown of your head to the floor. Perform until failure. Welcome back shoulders.

Wow.

Nothing was repeated during the hour long routine. Some other insane moves from today:

Two Speed Fast Twitch Pushups: Four fast pushups, followed by three standard pushups performed slowly, taking four seconds to go down and four seconds to go back up. Repeat.

One Arm Pushups: Wide legs, one arm in the middle under your chest. And perform a pushup. Or try to perform a pushup. Even while balancing on my knees these were next to impossible for me.

Clap Pushups: I actually enjoyed these because it's a move I've tried before. Wide grip pushup, and on the upward movement clap your hands together, land and go back down. I got about 8 done before burning out.

'Wow' is the best word to sum up this workout.

Then we welcomed back Ab Ripper X. Also showed how much the absence of muscle training affects the body. Really tough to work through all 16 minutes. I pulled off 30 mason twists before resting my legs for a bit, then finished up with 15+ after. But before the recovery week I was able to complete all 40 strong.

Tomorrow Plyo. I expect to be very sore in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment