this blog isn't for you. it's for me.


February 10, 2010

Day 24: Kenpo X

I woke up today and was definitely sore from Core. I couldn't tell exactly where I hurt. But I hurt.

After rest, yoga and then core, Kenpo today was a nice change back to something I've enjoyed before.

Not too much to report. I burned through it trying to focus on the space I was punching and kicking. It's one thing to focus on the wall or tv out in front of you, but it's another to focus on punching as if someone is right in your face. It helps me think about what I'm doing, which means my moves are delivered better rather than just flailing my limbs.

Tomorrow's a stretch day for which I'll follow the DVD seriously. Followed by core then yoga.

Off to a nice can of sardines to get the post-workout protein.

1 comment:

  1. I have a big television, so I have a life-sized Tony Horton to punch (lol). Amazingly, when I imagine I'm really punching him (or anyone) it helps with the intensity.

    I love your blog, btw. I'm only a couple of days behind you so reading your posts help me to prepare for what's coming. For now, I'm just dreading core. It sounds killer!

    ReplyDelete