this blog isn't for you. it's for me.


February 26, 2010

Day 40: Legs and Back, Ab Ripper X

Day 40.

forty

Wow. This has been flying by.

Now I'm not Christian, but I know lent is 40 days long. So what did I give up for my p90lent?

In the past 40 days I haven't had:

-A single beer
-Soda
-Greasy bacon
-Any fast food

Not that the latter two were really staples of my life, and I haven't had soda in about 6 months anyway, but it's all pretty noteworthy to me. And yes, a 22 year old has gone 40 days without a beer. Can't say the same about wine or gin though.

To celebrate the end of p90lent, today came on strong with legs and back:

14 Reverse grip chin ups
12 Wide grip pullups (8 unassisted, 5 assisted)
12 Close grip overhead pullups
12 Switch grip pullups
13 Reverse grip chin ups
10 Wide grip pullups (8 unassisted, 2 assisted)
10 Close grip overhead pullups
12 Switch grip pullups (assisted)

Surprised myself with reverse grip both times as well as the first go around of wide grip. Everything else was pretty standard today. Standard considering where I am. Day 1 these would have been stellar.

Those calf raises still beat the heck out of me. Better be working. I know my quads feel a lot stronger compared to when I began.

Finished up with ab ripper x. I'm halfway through with this routine (15 out of 30 times complete). Abdominal region feels so much harder right now. Just bit of fat left on top until these burst through. Hopefully before Day 60 so I have some results to show.

50 days left.

No comments:

Post a Comment